How frustrating! You spend valuable time posting to Facebook in hopes to drive people to your business Page. You've done your best to post interesting pictures, videos and more, yet your reach is getting smaller and smaller.
Your posts are engaging and interesting, but unless you're doing the things Facebook's algorithm likes, your posts may be never be seen by your audience. So how does your business get seen?
First, learn how Facebook's News Feed works. Watch this short video from Facebook's VP of Product Management, Adam Mosseri, where he explains the many variables involved in the algorithm and how it's set up.
Quickly summarized, here are a few more insights into Facebook's algorithm recent updates and actions that may help your Page posts been seen.
What does the Facebook algorithm like?
- Posts with lots of likes, comments and shares (interaction!)
- Posts that are interacted with in a short time
- Posts that are interacted with by user's friends
- Posts with links
- Videos uploaded directly to Facebook
- Live videos
- Posts about a trending topic
- Posts from pages the user interacts with often
- Posts from Pages with complete profile information
What does the Facebook algorithm dislike?
- Text-only status updates from Pages
- Posts requesting likes, comments or shares
- Overly promotional content from Pages
- Posts that are frequently hidden by users
- Page posts linking to slow-loading sites on mobile or a low-quality experience
- Short, engaging videos
Take note of these tips and start altering how your posts today. Test different types of posts, the time of day you post, and how you word your posts. Pay attention to those posts that perform well and those that don't, and implement the strategies that work!
Don't have time for all of the stats, insights or figuring out the Facebook algorithm? Let us help you with your social media needs so you can work on building your business!